If your carpet or rug has experienced its fair share and wear and tear over the years, you may be considering a professional carpet clean.
You’ll be able to remove those ugly stains and remove any dust, mould or fungus hidden within.
But ho much you should expect to pay if you contact a cleaning professional?
This article will cover the sorts of costs you can expect to pay as well as other factors which may affect the price.
Average Professional Carpet Cleaning Costs
We received quotes from 20 different carpet cleaning specialists across the UK. Prices quoted are for a full carpet clean of a standard three-bedroom property. Prices include VAT.
A special big thanks to Vale Carpet Cleaning who helped compile the stats.
|Typical Range||£120 - £200|
There are additional items that may also increase the cost. These include:
|Upholstery (per standard sofa)||+£60|
Factors Affecting the Cost of a Professional Carpet Clean
These are a few common factors that can affect quotes from carpet cleaning companies:
- How many rooms are there? Cleaning contractors often quote according to the number of rooms to be cleaned. Expect to pay roughly £30 extra if stairs and landing carpets aren’t included in the original quote (thanks to Cardiff Carpet Cleaning Company)
- Are there any minimum charges? Cleaning contractors often apply a £50-£60 minimum charge for any carpet cleaning job. If you just need a carpet cleaner for a single room, it may not be cost-effect.
- Do you need to move any furniture? Most cleaning companies will not expect to have to move or relocate furniture as part of the cleaning job. They may charge extra if required to do so. It’s always safer to check with the company in advance.
- What type of stains need removing? Mst cleaning companies are well equipped to deal with all types of stains. However, some stubborn stains require significantly more effort to remove and so may cost extra. These include food, paint and red wine stains. Prior to booking a carpet cleaner, be sure to mention the type of stain and check whether charges may apply.
Can You Do It Yourself?
If cost is a concern, there are certainly cheaper options for carrying out a full deep carpet clean yourself.
The best option is to hire a small carpet cleaning machine, available from a number of DIY stores. Expect to pay roughly £30 per day to hire.
You can also use carpet shampoo if you’re looking to save. It’s available in many supermarkets at roughly £15 a bottle.
Although you can do it yourself, we would recommend getting a professional in who has the experience.
A carpet clean of the full house is a lot of time and effort. There’s also the hassle and inconvenience of picking up and returning a carpet cleaning machine.
A professional carpet cleaning company will most likely have a range of industrial heavy-duty carpet cleaning machines at their disposal. This could be the difference between eliminating those tough dried-on stains.
Finally, a professional carpet cleaner not only knows how to care for and get the best out of your carpet. They are also insured in the event that your carpet gets damaged during a clean (thanks to Newport Carpet Cleaning).
Get Prices On Carpet Cleaning Near You
We’ve done our best to give you a good idea of what you can expect to pay for carpet cleaning.
However, our guides are not a substitute for a fixed written quote specifically for you.
We work with all the best carpet cleaners ready to price your job. Get free, no-obligation quotes in your local area and compare prices using the form below.
- Compare Multiple Quotes & Save Up to 40%
- Certified & Vetted Cleaners
- Free & No Obligation
- Local Carpet Cleaners Near You