Last updated 02/01/2022.
Welcome to Price This Please! My name is Alex and I set up this website up in 2019 to provide accurate cost information on common jobs people need doing.
I graduated as a Quantity Surveyor Bsc (Hons) in 2015 so I was always interested in cost data within the trades and construction industry.
As an independent voice with experience within the industry, I thought that the cost data found elsewhere online was quite vague.
And whilst there are many great people within the industry, there are also the cowboys and unscrupulous types who don’t give fair pricing and will take advantage of people whenever they can.
I thought creating these guides and making the pricing information as clear as possible could help people better understand what they should be paying before speaking
We get accurate cost estimates in a number of ways:
- We contact and speak to many tradesmen before writing up our cost data, asking how different variables can affect the cost and by how much. We then average the data and give minimum and maximum ranges.
- For more complex work that tradesmen can’t give accurate pricing without visiting a site or seeing thorough plans (e.g extensions and roofing) we work directly with quantity surveyors to break down what goes into the final price.
- For our other types of articles like our boiler and product reviews, we work with experts in those fields to ensure the information provided is accurate and up-to-date.
Where We’ve Been Cited
Our costings have been cited in the following publications:
- Pros and cons of installing an air con unit in the UK – EDF Energy. Air Conditioning Cost referenced at 
- Short-term lets – licensing scheme and planning control areas: business and regulatory impact assessment – Scottish Government. PAT testing cost referenced at 
Get in Touch
Enjoy our website, and feel free to contact us on email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to work with us.